Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Year of the Fearless


I’m working on releasing my fears. I had a friend text me on New Year’s, and he said: “last year was the year of the comeback. I need a theme for this year, and I don’t know what it should be.” I suggested: “Year of the fearless.” Because who can’t use a little more courage? It only took me four months to take my own advice and really start to step out. I self-depreciate when I don’t mean to, so I never talked about my blog. So…Step one: share my blog.

I love to write. I get it from my mama. Except, I’ve never seen her share anything she writes. Not even with me. It was a family member who told me she’s a talented writer. I’m not saying I think I’m talented, but I have enough to say to where I want to share it. (Hello self-depreciation, we’ll work on you later.)

One of the purposes of this blog was because I wanted people to feel less alone in those shitty feelings, we like to keep to ourselves. Whether those feelings are: rejection, stagnancy, low self-esteem, or the empty feeling of rock bottom. I think it’s important to share your experiences because not only can someone learn from your mistakes, but they can know they aren’t alone. No matter how lonely one may feel. They can know someone else went through the same situation…just the details were different.

I told a very small handful of people that I started a blog, and that’s because I was embarrassed and I was afraid of what people would think. I’m basically airing out my dirty laundry of unsuccessful dating, and struggles to find a sense of self. But haven’t we all been there? So why am I embarrassed to share something I feel proud of more times than not?

I have to stop letting fear control my life. I have to stop allowing it to dictate what I do, and how I do it. I need to take a deep breath, and jump. After all, it is the year of the fearless.

What would your first step out of fear be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular