Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2019

Wrapping It Up

December came and went with the blink of an eye. I started stocking up for Christmas in October and I still found myself at Target today for a couple last minute gifts that I’ve been too lazy to pick up. I love December. I love the lights, the music (sue me), the cold, the atmosphere in general – I just love. 
I finished wrapping the last of the presents; they’re under the lit tree. I’m currently wrapped up in a blanket with The Holiday playing in the background. All I need is a hot chocolate and I’m set. This is one of the few quiet moments I’ve had the last couple of weeks and I’m soaking it all in.
The peaceful moment has me reflecting on the last year and what a rollercoaster it was. 2019 wasn’t a bad year by any means, but it tested me for sure. 2019 taught me vulnerability, and most importantly- boundaries.
I have no earthly idea what 2020 will bring, or Santa for that matter. (Really excited about that.) I do know the first half of 2020 is going to be the busiest I have ever been. I’ve been slowly preparing myself for the challenge. Most excitingly, I will FINALLY be graduating with my degree in production. I’m excited for what’s in store, uncertainty and all. I'm hoping to close out 2019 with a post to the decade, so I'll stop the future talk here.

I hope Santa brings you everything you wished for and more. May you enjoy time with loved ones, and smile remembering ones you might be missing. Merry Christmas- may it be a safe and wonderful one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular