Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Sights 2020

I have written and re-written this post three times now. I wanted to do an “Ode to the Decade”, and discuss how literally everything is different. Considering I was 16/17 when the decade started- duh?
I wanted to touch on where I’d been, what I felt I “overcame”, people that didn’t make it to the new decade, where I thought I’d be. The writing of it just felt, off. There was bitterness to it. There’s a harsh reality to the lessons you learn, but that’s not the tone I’m setting for 2020.
A new decade is exciting, but it doesn’t require a dissection of the past. So I wont do that. (Even if that post was saved in my drafts and ready to go.)
For 2020 I want to work on focusing on the present moment, and preparing for what I want to accomplish. Life is a mountain range. There are peaks, there are pits, and once you reach the top you have to come back down eventually. So again I – duh, that the last decade, the last year, even the last month has been a roller coaster. C'est la vie!
It takes the smallest moment to alter your perspective. Mine was this morning when my bestie knew my nail polish choice being 1,000+ miles away. I laughed, and then I felt gratitude for having someone in my life that knows me so well. That’s when I knew I couldn’t post the melancholy bullshit I had planned. We’re focusing on the now, and we’re continuing the practice of gratitude.
I will say this: The last decade was sprinkled with beautiful people, and wonderful memories.

Here’s to the next decade, may it bring health, happiness, and an abundance of love. Cheers guys! Have a safe and Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular