Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2019

Boundaries & Acceptance

If you’re anything like me, you hold onto people even if they treat you poorly because you love and care about them. If you’ve learned your boundaries, congratulations and what’s your secret? I’m still working on those. I am a people hoarder. I don't know how to cut people out of my life. I choose to see the good in everyone. I see their potential, and I hold onto that because I’ve convinced myself it’s there. I am a person that gives ample opportunity for someone to change. I give endless chances. This is probably the worst thing I continuously do to myself. It has gotten to the point where I kept letting someone hurt me and return so many times that at this point; it’s my own fault.
However, last month, I finally cut off the person who had me in this endless cycle. It took substantially hurting my feelings, but I did it. Breaking the cycle was one of the hardest things I’ve tried to do. Honestly, I’m still working on the acceptance part. It’s the acceptance of reality that’s the hardest. It’s the realization that someone who truly cares about you doesn’t treat you like recycling. I've allowed this person to come and go as they please as if my life has a revolving door. I have no more room for narcissits in my life. *In my best AOL voice* – “Goodbye.”  
I think it’s good to give people second chances. I think it’s good to see the best in a person. I think it’s good to love unconditionally. But it’s also good to set your boundaries, and accept the heartbreaking realization when enough is enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular