Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2019

It Came in Three's

grat·i·tude
/ˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
  1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
    "she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"

I’ve been trying to find the courage to talk about all of the great things that have happened lately, but I’ve stopped myself out of fear they’ll be taken away.
I’m aware how stupid that is, especially considering these aren’t things that can get up and walk away. They’re not people.
Since 2019 seems to be my path to vulnerability I’ll continue on it and speak about the good.
Last month three things happened. It’s funny because I feel like it came out of no where, but I’ve been working so hard for so long that that is most definitely not the case.

The good stuff:

1.     My financial aid appeal was approved so it was re-instated.
(I had “too many credit hours” so it was revoked even though my GPA is 3.3.)

2.     I got my SCUBA certification
(Finally, after 9 years I did the damn thing.)

3.     I got an internship with a professional sports team
(I film their games/practices, edit, tag plays and upload for the stats team.)

All of this happened in the same weekend too. It was almost overwhelming, but so beyond welcome. I’ve been really busy, but I’ve also had more time with my friends and family thanks to a more consistent schedule. I am in a permanent state of gratitude and slight disbelief.

I could do a whole other post on how much I’ve appreciated my friends through all of this. It was one of my friends who showed me the internship in the first place! (He also gave what was apparently the greatest recommendation ever, so thanks B.) On top of that, I’ve received nothing but genuine joy and excitement for everything. I’ve never felt so much love. I knew I chose a good group of people, but turns out I chose/was blessed with exceptional people. (Not that I didn’t already know that but ya know!) It even gave me the courage to start weeding out the people who don’t make me feel that love. Gratitude, I have so much gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular