Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Face Value

I've allowed myself to be a doormat. I accepted the way some people treated me because I'd rather be ran over than lose someone I care about. However, throughout the last year, I've lost my tolerance for bullshit. It's one of the best feelings ever. I've learned how to accept people at face value.

Recognize the patterns of people who think they can come and go in your life. Recognize when you're being taken advantage of, or you're not getting the same amount back from another person. Some days relationships (friendships, lovers, family) are 20/80, 10/90, 70/30, 50/50, 100/100. That's ok, but when it's 80/20 most of the time and you find yourself exhausted by this person, it's probably time to let go. 

If you show me a behavior, or a pattern that disturbs my peace- I will no longer entertain it. Learning how to stand up for myself hasn't been easy, but it's necessary. It doesn't make you a bitch, it doesn't make you stubborn , it means you respect yourself enough to no longer accept what doesn't enrich or fulfill you. No one is perfect, people make mistakes. That's inevitable. I don't suggest giving up on someone you love because they don't agree with you, or you get into an argument. But when someone shows you their true colors, believe them. You'll know it when you see it. We're leaving the toxicity behind with the rest of 2020.  Alexa play: Thank you, Next by Ariana Grande. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Normalizing Not Being Ok...

 2022 has knocked me on my ass. There is no sugar coating it. If January is any representation of how the year is going to go, I am beyond u...

Popular